I do not feel as if I have lived 26 years but I also feel as if I have lived BEYOND my 26 years. Does this make sense?
- I do not feel like I have been walking this planet for 26 years. How is that?!
- I do not feel "wise enough" to be 26.
- I definitely do not feel like I look 26. I get mistaken for a high school or college student regularly.
- Sometimes I don't act 26 either. Yes...unfortunately I sometimes act like I am 21, 56, and 10. (though not usually all at once)
However, I feel MUCH older than 26 most of the time.
- The music of my generation? Meh. I love the oldies. I love classic rock.
- My knees and ankles crack/creek on the reg.
- I do NOT bounce back from a night of drinking. It stays with me.
- I carry Werthers Originals around. And Ibuprofen, and sometimes fiber caps. You just never know, people.
- I am ALWAYS cold.
- I am in bed by 10pm and up by 5:30am on most week-days.
- High heels are no longer my preferred shoe. I now prefer real leather to man made materials and flats to platforms.
I have nothing to complain about. My life is actually wonderful and this birthday is just another example of my many blessings. I woke up to coffee made by my roommate, text messages from my many friends and family members, Facebook notifications, and wonderful weather.
(the Texas weather did bless me with some awesomely awful allergy issues and a slight fever but WHATEVER, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!)
25 was a year of change and growth. 26 will, I am sure, follow suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment